Wednesday, September 7, 2011

10 years.

So, with me being so sleepy yesterday, I completely forgot to mention that it was my 10 year anniversary at work! Crazy, huh?! You're probably wondering.."How old is this chick?!" Haha Well, I am, indeed, 25 years old (I can't believe I just said that out loud!) and I started working at this great place at the age of 15. It was my first job and I'm still here. I guess you can say that's how much I love working here...sometimes. Haha. I still remember the day I was hired. It goes a little something like this...

(A 15 year-old me sitting in the waiting room and waiting for my sister to finish making candy bags on the floor...)
Elaine: Hi there!
Me: Hi.(Smiling)
Elaine: What's your name?
Me: Phoebe.
Elaine: That's a beautiful name! Do you want to work for me?
Me: Ok.

Don't you think that was the best interview ever?! Haha. I think I impressed her with my great one word answers. The next day I came in, filled out some paper work, and started filing charts. That was pretty much all I did. Filed charts, pulled out charts for the next day, and eat cookies from our little lounge area. Haha.Now I'm an Orthodontic Assistant and really love what I do. How many of you can really say that you like going to work? Of course I have my days when I don't want to go in at all, but for the most part I don't mind it. I get to interact with kids all day and it's pretty laid back. I don't even need to take any work home, which is a great plus for me. I think that's one of the reasons why I opted out of being a teacher. I didn't want to take work home with me and spend nights grading papers and planning a lesson for the next day. I used to see my mom grading papers and how tired she was. I just don't want to be like that. Another one of the perks with working here is that I get to work with some wonderful people like MY SISTERS! Haha. Yes, we're all that close. We even have our cousin Macy here too when she's not in school. It's pretty great and I feel very blessed to have found this wonderful place at such a young age. Working here has definitely shown me what I eventually want to do or what my calling really is. TEETH! Haha. I'm thinking of going for my Dental Hygiene License eventually...once I find the perfect school.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)