Tuesday, January 24, 2012

new year - part two.

Ready for part two? Here ya go!

So, after the cousins exchanged gifts, everyone just hung out, ate some more, and caught up with one another. Our family is big and we don't see each other often, so when we have big gatherings like this, we talk and talk and talk. =) We also watched the kids play Just Dance 3 on the Wii. It was pretty cute. Didn't realize how well my nephews can dance! I was going to post a video of my nephew Julian dancing, but the file is taking too long to upload. Oh well. Lyssa also came up to my aunt's house (she's lives a couple of houses down the street) to hang out with the family and exchange gifts with me, of course. This has been our tradition at every Christmas and I love it. This past Christmas was definitely a good one. I had a great time at the game with Peejay and always a great time with my family.

The following day we took Simba to the vet to get his nails did. He just loves going there....yeah I'm totally being sarcastic. Haha. The look he had after his visit was priceless. He definitely looked so happy and free...well that was until this big ass dog started sniffing him as soon as he got out of the exam room and he had the most terrified look. It was the funniest thing ever! I swear, it looked like his heart stopped. I bet he thought the dog was going to eat him or something. Haha. This is how he kinda looked like....

Haha. We then got some of his meds, since he's been scratching his ears non-stop lately and paid for the visit and his medicines. Can I tell you just how much I love coming to that place? The people that work there are absolutely awesome. The receptionists, the assistants, and even the doctors are so friendly and so good with our dog. They make dealing with a squirming dog look so easy and the best thing about the whole visit is that they do not charge us an arm and a leg for his visits. Even his medicines didn't cost as much as I thought it would. At his previous vet, they charged us about $500+ for a visit and one medicine. And I didn't even like doctor! At this current place, we paid like around $230 for a visit and two medicines. It's so crazy how much of a difference that was. So glad we switched!

Anyway, that was pretty much the end of 2011 for me. I worked every single day that last week of December. It's one of the busiest time of the year for us and boy were we busy! The kids were all off from school and it's like everyone came in for their appointments. Haha. By the end of the week I was too tired to do any partying like other people do for New Year's. I just spent New Year's Eve with my family at home (minus my sister and my brother in law), baked a cake with Peejay, and played some Just Dance 3 on Wii. Yes, I bought it and it's actually really fun. It's also great cardio! Haha. I watched the ball drop and went to bed.

The following day, I spent the whole day with my family. My siblings and I + Lyssa just hung out and watched a movie, but the first thing we did was go to church. . It's been a while since I've gone to church consistently and that's definitely something I want to change in my life. I want to find my spirituality. That's actually something that's on my list of things to do before I turn 30 years old. I also decided that I'm going to stick by my list and actually do them this year. Either by myself or with anyone who wants to join me. I know for a fact that I won't get to do everything that's on the list, but I want to be able to do a decent amount. And yes,  I promise to blog about it every time I cross one off my list. Anyway, just being with my family was definitely a great way to start my new year and now I plan to make this year an even better than last year. =)

Well, it's getting pretty late. I need to get to bed. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)