Sunday, August 23, 2015

book seven through twelve. (2015)

Hey there!

I am pleased to inform you all that I have finished my New Year's Resolution of reading a book for every month of 2015. Yes, I know it's not December yet, but during the summer, I was hit by a motivation bug and was able to read six books in a little over a month! I didn't even think I was capable of such a thing! I guess if we're really being honest, I didn't really complete the resolution because I read half of a book in March and didn't read anything at all in April. I'm actually a book and a half short, but I like to think I completed it! Haha.

The books I read were all Young Adult novels, which were super easy to read. I flew through each book and enjoyed every minute of them. Took me about a week each. I think the reason I kept reading these YA novels was because each one brought me back to my middle school/high school days and having crushes on these boys. It was cute and definitely brought back "the butterflies in your stomach" feeling that I have not felt in a while. Haha.

Here are the books I read with a synopsis from Barnes & Noble...
 
--- To All the Boys I've Loved Before  by Jenny Han ---
 
source
     Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
--- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han ---

source
 This is the sequel to the book above. It's definitely worth reading after. I really wish she had a third book! I debated whether or not I should write the synopsis for this book on here, but I didn't wanna give anything away, even though you guys could totally find the synopsis yourselves. Haha. At least I won't feel responsible!

--- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han ---

source

     Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer — they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

--- It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han ---

source

This one is the second book of the series and like I said with the first series by Jenny Han, it's definitely worth reading after the first.

--- We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han ---

source
Third and final installment of the trilogy.

--- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins ---

source

     Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits? 



 
And there you have it folks! Six books in six weeks! So proud of myself! Haha. Let me know if you guys ever read any of these. I do really recommend all six, but if I had to choose, I really like the first two series by Jenny Han. You should check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)