Monday, April 16, 2012

heart walk.

I'm pretty sure you guys have noticed that I haven't talked about the progress of any of my work outs. Well, that is because it has not progressed at all. Haha. I was so motivated a few months ago and I have no clue how I lost that motivation.

It was so beautiful out today. Perfect summer weather. Definitely hit me big time how gross I look without layers and layers of clothes. Haha. Today was the first day I didn't wear a jacket and for some reason, I felt so awkward without one. I realized today is the first time I couldn't hide my gross big, beer belly looking stomach and flabby arms. As I walked around CVS after work, I tried so hard to hide my belly with my bag. It's so bad and I looked so awkward. I look so unhealthy and I'm so disappointed in myself. I hate how I've let myself go.  
 
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I actually just finished working out and I decided that in order to keep up with this sudden motivation, I made a goal for myself. Every year my whole family and I participate in the American Heart Association Tri-County Heart Walk in honor of my cousin Joyce. We formed our team Re:Joyce back in 2004 and we've been doing the walk ever since. Every year, I walk the 3 miles around Lake Sebago Beach, while my sister or cousins run the whole thing. This year, my goal is to be able to run it with them. My asthma has been controlled for the past couple of years now and it's time I stop using that as an excuse for running it. I know May is just around the corner, but it's not (never) too late to start preparing for it. So, I'm going to start working out and running more. And after this Heart Walk is all over with, I'm going to try to stick to it. I'll let you know how I do.Wish me luck! Haha. =)


1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)