Saturday, March 7, 2015

book two. (2015)

Reading: Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella 


Source

---------

Book two, check!

During this past holiday season, I was looking around to see what books I could put on my wish list and saw that another book was released under the Confessions of a Shopaholic series. I really liked the series (definitely more than the movie -- which was enjoyable, but I felt it could have been better) and instead of putting it on my list, I decided to save it as one of my books of the month.  

In this book, Becky is back in the US and has temporarily moved to LA with her husband Luke and daughter Minnie. To occupy het time during her stay, she decides she wants to become a fashion stylist to the stars (hence the title haha). She then finds herself in all kinds of trouble as usual. Her journey is interesting and a bit funny at times. It makes you wonder if it's that easy to become known in Hollywood these days and if some celebrities really do behave the way Kinsella portrays them in the book. The ending was a bit disappointing/frustrating cause it really left you hanging for the next book (you'll understand what I mean if you read the book -- gotta love cliff hangers haha) that hopefully will come out in the near future.

This was another easy book to read through, which was perfect for this short month of February. It was pretty entertaining and one of those books you can either read before bed or read to kill some time. Like I mentioned, I love the series, but I just don't know how much more Becky can continue on. I just hope the ideas don't get so far fetched that I lose interest in Becky. Haha. I guess we'll find out in the next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)