Saturday, July 17, 2010

city days.

Hi guys!

How was everyone's week? My week has been slow and uneventful until Thursday or I should say yesterday.

I spent the day in Manhattan again like last week with my cousin Macy. Last week, my whole reason for going was to speak to the head adviser of my major; however, she actually wasn't there that day. So I just spent the day roaming around the big apple. Yesterday I got to speak to her about whether or not I was meeting the requirements for graduation and she gave me great news and said I was on track!...of course that's if I pass my classes next semester. *Crossing fingers. After that, Macy and I just went to Central Park, found a nice shaded area and laid on the grass and just spoke about everything and anything. I swear I love that girl. No matter how big our age gap is, which is actually about 5 years, we talk to each other like we're the same age. She's intelligent and so insightful on everything. I love going to her with my problems. She gives great advices. I feel like she helps me more than I help her though, which is something I should definitely change. I'm the older one. I should be helping her more. =)

After Central Park, we met up with my one of best friends Richy downtown. We got some bubble tea to refresh ourselves from the scorching heat then headed to his apartment so he could change out of his work clothes. I'm usually not a big fan of bubble tea, but we went to this store called Quickly and they served this Strawberry Slush with Tapioca balls. It was sooo delicious! It kind of looked like this:

It was actually really good and I'd like to have some right now as I'm typing this. Haha. I'm definitely going back!

After we left Richy's apartment, Macy and I had decided earlier in the day that we wanted to see a Psychic. So that's exactly what we did. All three of us. Yes, we were able to force Richy into doing it with us even though he refused at first. We found a psychic in the East Village and got a Palm reading for only $15. It was my first Palm reading and I must admit I was pretty impressed. She told me a lot about my personality, which were on point, but then again, I guess those are such general things that can easily be guessed. But then she warned me about a certain someone "resurfacing" and that I "shouldn't get involved." She was right about a certain someone "resurfacing" in my life recently and the entire week I have been thinking about what that person's intentions are, but I guess I shouldn't wonder anymore since "I shouldn't get involved." Haha. The other things she told me were pretty positive and interesting and to be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing how my life really turns out. I hope she's right about a lot of those things she mentioned.

I know you're probably saying to yourself, " I really don't need to know about this girl's day in so much detail" but the reason I am telling you this is because GOING TO A PSYCHIC is one of the things I wanted to check off my 25 things to do before my birthday! =D 1 down...24 left to go! I'm still debating whether or not I should do 26 things instead though. You know...one for good luck. Haha. What do you guys think?

On a different note, I know my last couple of blogs haven't been the most fun to read, but like I've said, I'm going through a difficult time right now. I want to apologize in advance if my blogs start to get all serious. I'm usually happy, upbeat, or I usually don't even show when I'm down. Things just have been tough for me. I also want to say that I did not and have not shed a tear yesterday or today. I am very proud of myself. I was able to control my usually uncontrollable crying. Haha. I've been trying to keep myself occupied, which really works. I guess I'm slowly coming to terms with things and just need to keep moving forward. I say this now, but watch me breakdown tomorrow. Haha. Just kidding. I am trying my best, but it's still very hard. I miss him a lot.

Well this is getting long, but I want to end this with some pictures from my day(s) in the city. Pictures from Thursday of last week and yesterday. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)