Saturday, July 24, 2010

domestic.

So the other day I had the sudden urge to cook. I have no clue where it came from. Must have been from watching the Food Network all day at work, but it was the perfect time to do so because my sisters were having two guests over.

After work, I went straight to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients to my Chicken Pasta with Mushroom Sauce. To be honest, this might be the only thing I know how to make. My sister's ex-boyfriend actually taught me how to make this dish so I can't even take credit for it. Haha. As soon as I got home from the store, I rested for about 10 minutes before I decided to run on the treadmill. I know I've mentioned before that I was doing Zumba, but honestly, I only do it with my sister Peejay and trust me when I say that we've been somewhat lazy lately. Haha. So I ran a half hour or so and then started dinner.

I know my sister will read this and she's been asking me for the recipe so here is it. (Fyi, I'm not writing exactly how much of each ingredient you really need because it all depends on how much sauce you want to make.

---------
Ingredients:
  • Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • Egg noodles
  • Chicken Breasts or Chicken Tenderloins (whichever one you prefer)
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Garlic cloves
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Olive Oil
Preparations:
  • Cut carrots and celery into small bite size pieces.
  • Dice and mince garlic.
  • Cut chicken into small cubes and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
(This picture is somewhat a lie because I didn't season it yet... haha)

Step by step:
  • In a large saucepan, put Olive Oil in and add the minced garlic and saute until light and golden.
  • Add the seasoned chicken cubes and cook chicken until it is no longer pink. During this time, you can add more salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you wish to.
  • Then add carrots and celery into saucepan and stir for about a minute or two.
  • Add a can or two (depending on how much sauce you want to make) of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
  • Add a little water to make soup less thick. If you added too much water, you can add some cornstarch to make it more creamy. If not, a little water should help make sauce creamy.
  • Continue to stir and let everything simmer for about 10 minutes or more until carrots and celery are softer.
  • In another pot, boil hot water and add egg noodles.
  • When egg noodles are nice and al dente, put noodles in pasta strainer.
  • When everything is cooked, you can either mix sauce and pasta together or keep them separate. This is how it should look like:
And that folks is the pasta I made with a side of garlic toast! Yummmm!


---------

I know. I know. I should have been more specific with measurements, but to be honest, I just wing it every time I make this dish. So, sorry! =) I thought dinner was a success, but dessert was even better because I made them some homemade Rice Krispies Treats! They were sooo awesome. Nice and buttery and soo not as sweet as the ones you buy in stores.I'm actually debating whether or not I should make some after this post. Haha.

Well, that was my night of feeling all domestic. Haha. It was definitely fun making dinner and dessert for others, but clean up was such a bitch. Excuse my french! Especially cleaning up the wok I used to mix the Rice Krispies Treats. I think it took me about 10-15 minutes to get that wok nice and clean. Oh well. Maybe next time I won't wait so long to wash it. Note to self: Wash it right away.

I can't wait until my next dinner party! =)




1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear from you guys, so comment away! :)